Ce site utilise des cookies pour réaliser des statistiques, personnaliser votre visite et vous assurer une meilleure expérience de navigation. En continuant votre visite, vous acceptez l'utilisation des cookies.En savoir plus
Patrimoine culturel - Chapel

CROIX D'ANJOU

Admire the relic of the True Cross of Anjou richly decorated with precious stones, in Baugé since 1790.

A jewel in history …
The chapel of “La Girouardière” holds a piece of the Cross of Christ brought back from the Holy Land in 1244. This relic was later richly decorated with precious stones by Charles V ‘s goldsmiths (1338 to 1380). The Cross of Anjou was subsequently adopted as the emblem of the Duchy of Lorraine under René of Anjou, by 1379. The Cross of Lorraine became the symbol of the Free French Forces adopted by Charles de Gaulle during the Second World War.

Photo galery
Geographical Location
PCU49-vraie-croix-4
Opening time
From January 01, 2017 to December 31, 2017
Lundi02:30 pm - 05:00 pm
MardiClosed
Mercredi02:30 pm - 05:00 pm
Jeudi02:30 pm - 05:00 pm
Vendredi02:30 pm - 05:00 pm
Samedi02:30 pm - 05:00 pm
Dimanche02:30 pm - 05:00 pm
Details on openings : Ouvert tous les jours sauf les mardis
Details on closures : Fermé 25/03, du 13 au 17/04 inclus, les 13 et 14/05, le 25/05, du 1er au 6/06 inclus, le 24/06, du 22 au 26/07 inclus, le 15/09, du 18 au 24/09, du 9 au 15/10, du 23 au 25/12 inclus, les 30 et 31/12